Friday, September 16, 2005

IQ - Rag mag....

So, in preparing to travel to Chicago (again) this Sunday, I'm thinking what reading material to take (yes, the obvious answer would be the book club selection for next week, wouldn't it?). I have a Cosmo that I have yet to read -- plenty of excellent articles there, I 'm sure. 50 different ways to Be A Better Girlfriend would no doubt please the CBB immensely (especially as I know Cosmo's style, and they're bound to have ideas that he would approve of. ;)

But then there's the travel magazines that I have yet to read (as if I need any help in daydreaming about travel locales), and the Harry Potter book I want to re-read, and the couple of other books I've had sitting on my coffee table for months, and......

And yet, I'll take Cosmo, just because it amuses me so. And I'll probably stop by the newsstand on my way to the flight, to pick up the latest Vanity Fair, because it makes me think. And so I ask you tis Insightful Question:

What's your favourite magazine?

I wanna know. Even if it's MAD, or Maxim, or even the Weekly World News (okay, especially if it's the Weekly World News). You have all weekend, and I'm out of the office on Monday -- give me something to look forward to reading on Tuesday.

Presuming I've finished Cosmo, that is.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sus mused...

top of my list is Vanity Fair. I've been a subscriber for many years primarily for their special photo portfolios that they do about 2 or 3x's a year but the writing is almost always top notch.

My 2nd mag of choice is Interview. Andy Warhol's rag of pop culture, from music to movies to fashion, etc. They never cease to impress me with their ability to forsee the popularity/success of artists.

3rd choice is Nat'l Geographic Traveler. Feeds my desire for knowledge of the world and gives me places to put on my travel dreams list.

Fri Sept 16, 05:05:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Hmmm, depends on my mood. Esquire is always good to read. Helps give me some insight on things that really don't matter. Better fluff than Maxim. Playboy at times can be an excellent read. With having a bit of ADD I'd say it covers almost all bases. But truly one of my faves is Discovery. It ususally dusts off those brain cells that haven't been used since college. Call me a nerd but I like the idea of my brain smoking with complex ideas. Literary crack if you will.

Fri Sept 16, 10:52:00 pm  
Blogger Nichelle mused...

Depends on my mood, but Essence (to keep in touch with the chocolate part of the "Oreo"), Horse and Rider, Real Simple, and Money (none of which I have). ;-)

Mon Sept 19, 09:21:00 am  
Blogger Bill Purdy mused...

I read Esquire, SPIN, and Entertainment Weekly cover-to-cover whenever I receive my issues. All 3 are good, but Esquire sticks best to the ribs. I love it. I try to do the same with Discover, but rarely succeed due to some article on particle physics or imaginary numbers. I also enjoy a) Cook's Illustrated and b) Saveur, because one can never have enough good pictures of a) food being prepared, and b) food, prepared.

Maxim is horrid, as are its clones -- all of which are targeted to men with completely different interests than mine. And I just terminated my second tenure (1st tenure: 10 years... second tenure 7 years!) with Rolling Stone, having become increasingly frustrated with what I consider excessive coverage of the Simpson sisters and hip-hop.

Wed Sept 21, 02:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home