Wednesday, August 31, 2005

@*&(^!%ing computer crap.

Okay, now I'm just venting. Pretned you care, nod your head sympathetically, and I'll be done soon.

It's 3:30. I've spent the entire day so far fighting this damn machine. I came in this morning to a crashed hard drive. Called the local IT desk, and they brought over a hew hard drive. I've probably lost all kinds of personal and work data, but I'll have to deal.

Got that set up, and then spent about an hour onthe phone with an IT desk in Chicago, to try to install a program that's crucial to my work. No luck there.

Back on the phone with the local IT desk to gain access to a folder that I'd had access to for 5+ years. One hour later, he happened across the magic combo. Hooray.

Back to the Chicago desk, to ask for help reconnecting to yet another folder. NO luck.

Anyone need a burger flipper? I cuold probably troubleshoot any problems that came up in the kitchen.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Happy Pam.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Purdy mused...

I don't need a burger flipper, but I could use someone who can make a mean pepper sauce. Stop by and see what I mean.

Wed Aug 31, 06:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Well Pam, I can't say I can sympothize about the computer stuff, luckly my life doesn't revolve around them. But I did find a cow dead at the windmill this morning, young cow (4yrs old), have absolutly no reason why. Dig a hole, bury the cow (value $1000.00-ouch), count the rest, all ok, and the day moves on. I guess thats my kind of Hard drive crash.

-Craig

Thu Sept 01, 09:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home