Monday, August 22, 2005

Must've done something good, somewhere....

Well, no Insightful Question today -- yet.

But I wanted to thank everyone who came out to help me celebrate my birthday on Saturday -- what a lucky girl I am!

I had a marvelous time, just celebrating with (most of) my favourite people, drinking a few ciders (and not too many!), and enjoying life in general. I really had only one thing in mind that I wanted for my birthday (only one thing that anyone has any control over, anyway), and I got that: some kick-ass kitchen piping. Neal and Adam both obliged my request to bring their pipes to the Celtic Tavern, and busted out some jigs, reels, hornpipes, etc. Neal even went to the effort to learn a new tune in time for my birthday: P/M George Allan. What a cool tune that is!!! And since I know he has about a bazillion other things going on in his life, too, I appreciate it that much more.

Thanks again to everyone who was able to make it (and to those who tried, but were detained). I really am so happy to have been surrounded by so many people that I adore.

What a lucky girl I am.

5 Comments:

Blogger PammyJean mused...

Funny, once Adam kicked in his pipes, the drunk idiot (with the light-switch-loving head), and his friends seemed to have business elsewhere in the pub.

Okay, so the mantra "Chicks dig bagpipes" maybe doesn't apply to all chicks. :)

And yes, there are some really awesome pipers in that group -- and awesome people, to boot.

Mon Aug 22, 09:17:00 am  
Blogger PammyJean mused...

And being the Leo I am, I tried to make sure I flitted around to everyone in the room, but I know some people didn't get the attention they deserved. :( I blame Strongbow.

Hope the keys situation got all worked out -- what a frustrating thing, to lose those!

And there will be Estes, for more bonding (no, Travis, not bondage) :D

Mon Aug 22, 10:14:00 am  
Blogger Pat Angello mused...

WTF with all the spam comments??? I thought it was bad enough that I found a 3-page timber industry thing on my blog last week, not they are acting as if they are friendly? This is getting annoying!

Mon Aug 22, 11:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Pamela J, Glad to see that your birthday turned out well. We found the keys, yay... Anyways, another year older and wiser. Hopefully, wise assier....?..(I made that up) No bondage in Estes? Damn! I guess we'll have to stick to "Band-age" instead.

Mon Aug 22, 05:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Wish I could have shared some Strongbow wit ya, but ya know.... Glad your b-day was a good time - and the pipes ROCKED!! Here's to another year of gorgeousness!

Tue Aug 23, 10:02:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home