Thursday, August 25, 2005

IQ - "Roll the dice, whatsa matter, roll the dice!"

The trouble with getting on a roll, is that then people get used to it, and I feel the pressure to post more often, whether I have something in mind or not. Guess what sort of day the brain is having today?

So, in light of my upcoming camping trip with Cute Blonde Boy, where there will be no IM, no internet, no TV, no cinema - just us, the woods, the dogs and a deck of cards......here's today's Insightful Question:

What's your favourite board game?

Since I grew up in a family where playing board games was a once-in-a-while special treat, I actually really enjoy playing them. If it's just me and another, then I like things like cribbage, Pass the Pigs, Monopoly, Life. If there's a bunch of us, I'll kick your ass at Pictionary any day.

'Course, nothing beats a good game of Mouse Trap.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat Angello mused...

Yahtzee! WHEE!

C'mon boxcars!

WOO!

Thu Aug 25, 01:16:00 pm  
Blogger Cindy mused...

Cards - most anything will do, but my favorites are Pounce (aka Nerts), Cribbage, Hearts.

Boardgames - Rummikub, Trivial Pursuit (although I still suck at it!), Scattergories.

I'm surprised you didn't list Catch Phrase! Our new favorite family travel game.

Thu Aug 25, 03:25:00 pm  
Blogger Andrew mused...

I used to be something of a superstar at Trivial Pursuit in my younger days. Sadly, the years of abuse have taken their toll on the brain cells and the old memory's not what it was.

Now, why did I sit down at the computer?

Thu Aug 25, 07:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

New game - Cranium....old game - Trivial Pursuit or Pictionary...really old game - Life (I always dug the little cars with the plastic pegs for the people).

Fri Aug 26, 08:34:00 am  
Blogger Sus mused...

Mouse Trap???!! Wow, didn't know anyone else had that game!

As a childhood game, it'd be the card game "Go Fish" cause I always kicked my dad's ass! hehehehe NO ONE could beat me!

The adult game of choice now is "Rapid Recall" given to me by friends a few years back. It's pure insanity.

Sun Aug 28, 09:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home