Tuesday, August 23, 2005

IQ - "He can call me Flower, if he wants to."

Okay, it's a quote from Bambi. It's all that came to my head this early in the morning.

So, this past Saturday, when Cute Blonde Boy came over before we headed up to the birthday celebration, he brought me a bouquet of flowers. (Isn't he the most??) And a nice bouquet of pretty, long-lasting flowers, so that I didn't have to throw them away 2 days after I got them. And as I was putting them in some water, he asked what my favourite flowers were. Hmm.... I think every girl likes roses, but they wilt so damn quickly, it's just sad. Mind you, I'm hard-pressed to resist a bouquet of gorgeous roses (like the brilliant sunset-orange ones I bought for myself last summer, because I just couldn't stop staring at them), but if I'm going to put forth a preference for cut flowers, I'll take something that will still be there in a few days.

So, here's today's Insightful Question (in 2 parts):

1) What's your favourite cut flower?
2) What's your favourite flower to see growing as it's meant to be?

My answer isn't a cut-and-dried one (no pun intended). I really love roses, but they wilt. I like things like tiger lilies or snapdragons, but they're not in most of your traditional floral arrangments. So I think a nice, bright bouquet of daisies is about as nice as anything. And it's still there days later, saying "Hi!" as cheerfully as the first day.

As for flowers in the field, I can't resist playing with a snapdragon ("Rahgh!"). But a patch of columbine will stop me in my tracks every time. Maybe there's be some still in bloom this weekend, when I go camping with Cute Blonde Boy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

daisies, tulips and iris....roses have their place, tho. ;-)

Tue Aug 23, 09:56:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Bird of Paradise are quite unique I'd have to say, but my fav would be Daises or Mums. Simplicity and non-gender specific, with no underlying meaning to them either. For a natural growing flower. Sunflowers take the cake.

Tue Aug 23, 06:40:00 pm  
Blogger Psycho Kitty mused...

Hrm...tulips? maybe.
Lilacs, definitely. Or irises. Ooor mums. So uh, forget the definitely. Oy.

Tue Aug 23, 09:31:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Cut Flower- Black Locust Tree flowers, incredibly fragrant

Wild Flower- Spider Wort

-Craig

Thu Aug 25, 10:17:00 am  
Blogger Sus mused...

Gerberra Daisies are my absolute fav cut flower. Such big and bright petals and their stems are all furry and thick. *LOL*

I guess the flower(s) I like to watch grow are Dahlia's and Tulips.

Sun Aug 28, 09:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home