Thursday, September 01, 2005

Counting.....

Those of you who know me well, know that I frequently stop to consider just how fortunate I really am. And these past couple of days have been no different.

The end of summer may be closing in quickly, which may mean camping is done for the season, but at least I'm not stuck on a rooftop in the wicked heat and humidity, wondering if someone might help me, before I die of starvation, thirst or heat.

My dog may shed too much, and my cat's claws need trimmed, but at least I'm not faced with the heart-breaking (and I really mean that word: Heart. Breaking.) decision to let my cat go on to the next place to avoid further suffering.

My computer issues may be causing my head to hurt and want to throw the machine out the window, but at least I have a job where, for the past 5 years, I haven't really had to deal with this crap too much.

Gas may be reaching unthinkable prices, but at least I have a car in which to pump it.

I may not have many co-workers around me (today marks the last day for most of the rest of those who have been here these past 3 months), but at least I have good friends to chat with in the off-hours, and a fantastic beau with whom to spend time this weekend.

And I may have 10 fingers and 10 toes, but at least that's not all I need to count up my blessings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sus mused...

Last night on the news I learned that the "lucky" one's who were able to be evacuated to Texas via bus weren't allowed to take their pets. I simply can not fanthom having to make that decision.

Fri Sept 02, 08:31:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home