Thursday, July 21, 2005

For the love of doG....

Pet owners:

Pretty pretty please, get your pet microchipped.

I found another stray dog (it is my lot -- nay, my pleasure -- in life to stop and help a stray animal whenever I can) last night. Gorgeous husky, and I'm sure someone out there misses him terribly right now. With no collar on him (perhaps that came off before he got to my neighborhood?), I took him right to my vet, to have him scanned. Imagine my disappointment when nothing came up.

So, now I have a gorgeous, friendly, obviously-someone's-pet dog hanging out at my house, and I'm reduced to calling all the shelters and leaving a description, posting ads on CraigsList and the online classifieds, and wrestling with the question of "Exactly when do I cave, and take him to the shelter?"

So pretty please -- microchip your pet, so that in the unlikely event he or she gets all Houdini on yer ass, a sap like me can get them back to you. Cuz that's what I'd really like.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous mused...

So, what has happened to him?

Mon Jul 25, 12:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home