Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Laps around London?

So, there you go: London has won the bid to host the 2012 Olympic games. So now the questions begin:
  • Are they going to rip up the city to build another Tube line, รก la the Jubilee line? (Please God, no, says the likely pre-2012 London visitor)
  • Will we see the construction of another monstrosity like the Millenium Dome? Actually, now that I think about it, we'll probably see several, won't we? Perhaps they'll be in outlying areas. Well, they'd have to be, wouldn't they? What are the gonna do -- put the high jump in the Buckingam Palace back gardens?
  • Could I go and volunteer for the games? They have a link on their site, but seeing as there's no way to say "I don't live there, but I'm happy to come spend the summer there to help out", I'll bet they would rather I come as a paying visitor.
  • Just how much Boddington's will they have to produce, to sate the thirsts of a few million visitors?

Very exciting, though -- and since I listen to BBC Radio One all day at work, I'll be hearing all about the country's excitement about this. For 7 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home