Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Jetset jonesin'

Why is it, that when I have such great/defined/admirable plans for the winnings, I don't win the lottery more often (aside from the fact that I don't play very often -- picky, picky, picky...)?

After the charitable contributions (humane socities galore) and taking care of the housing/transportation needs of myself and my closest friends & family, there is just a whole lotta traveling to be done.

An UmFriend of mine is headed off to England this week, and I couldn't be more envious. Never mind the fact that this is his first trip to the UK, whereas I've been fortunate enough to set foot on the island 5 or 6 times now. I wanna go!

And not just to Britain (though it really has been too long since I've been to Scotland, and that needs to be remedied ASAP). There's more of Switzerland, Germany, France and Austria that I need to explore. And good heavens, if I die before I've gotten to Italy, wouldn't that be a travesty??

It floors me that there are actually people in this world who have no interest in traveling anywhere, let alone overseas. The person I thought could have been my soulmate (except for the fact that he's now married and a daddy) mentioned in one of our e-mails that his idea of a perfect vacation would be to hang out in his bay window, playing guitar. A nice weekend, perhaps -- but to never want to meet new people, get lost and discover a fantastic restaurant, have the excitement of finally figuring out another city's public transportation system? Perish the thought.

Sigh. There, but for money, go I. Anyone out there need a personal tour guide for Scotland?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home