Thursday, July 07, 2005

"I was not angry....until this instant."

From Shakespeare's Henry V, this was among the first thoughts in my head this morning, when I heard of the attacks in London.

I'm angry, of course, at the terrorists. You bastards. How dare you touch the city I love more dearly than nearly any other place on earth? How dare you fuck up the lives and routines of the people who merely want to live, work, and holiday in London? Go blow up something meaningful, like your own closed little minds.

I'm also angry at that farce of a President we have, for getting us into a meaningless, pointless war solely for the purposes of his own re-election, which has now caused other countries to be the target of the same terrorism that we are subject to. We're big bullies, yes, but did we have to drag our friends into this?

Anyway.

My heartfelt sympathies are, of course, with the friends and family of those absolutely innocent people whose lives have been snatched away by this morning's actions. I also send out prayers for patience and serenity for everyone who will have to figure out another way to travel around Londinium for the next, oh, few years (as I've seen the effects that a single incident can have on a Tube station -- nevermind actual explosions at mulitple, multi-line stations).

"Oh, that I were in an alehouse in London"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home