Friday, July 22, 2005

....aaand, I'm 13 again....

Ya know, just when I think I'm mostly grown up (and at thirty-something, I really should be), I get this little setback.

I really was trying to read the selection for tomorrow's book club, but then a really good movie was on. Okay, it was "Princess Diaries 2" -- not exactly Oscar material. But I'm a girl -- forgive me for getting sucked into the fairy tale.

I'm pretty good at that, actually. Not being a girl -- I deplore shoe shopping, don't use moisturizer very often, and don't own a single actual matching set of bra & knickers. No, I'm really good at getting sucked into the fairy tale -- have been since I had a crush on Robin Hood (yes, the cartoon character).

Just every once in a while, I watch a chick flick and get that indescribable feeling deep in my stomach that is a combination of yearning for that written-for-the-silver-screen romance (complete with the requisite conflict) and the fear of never having it. Used to be, when this feeling afflicted me, I'd run to my typewriter to try and capture that topsy-turvy feeling on paper. I've got dozens of "poems" which were written in my teens (and a bit in my early 20's), most of which I can associate with whichever specific cute boy was occupying my heart at the time. I was going to post an example here, but they're just too cheesy. Thank goodness I don't do that anymore.

Nope, I've got my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home