Sunday, July 24, 2005

"Rainin' on my head like a memory"

We had rain today. At last.

It brought to mind a couple of PPP's (for those who haven't read my early Mumblings, this is a Past Poetic Pretense) that I penned in my high school & college years. Actually, this is the one that came to mind first (I'll spare you the other one for now):

"Thunder and Irony"

The irony of crying
During a thunderstorm
Is that there’s
Never enough thunder to
Mask my sobs
But I can never cry enough to
Out-pour the rain.

9-3-87

I promise, I'm much more stable now. I don't break out in tears nearly as often as I used to. Of course, that's put a bit of a crimp in the volume of my writing. Until I found this blog thingy, which adds a whole new dimension to it all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat Angello mused...

It's about time we got a little wet around here!

BTW, I finally added this site to my links on my blog.

Are you coming tonight?

Mon Jul 25, 12:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home