Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"Thou shalt worship no false idols..."

Oh, for the love of Pete!

Am I the only person on this continent who doesn't give a rat's ass about who is left on American Idol?

It's bad enough that I hear about it on the entertainment shows (ET, Insider, etc), and the late-night talk shows. And every morning radio show seems to have some schmuck who is an A.I. "expert" that does me the favor of giving a 4-minute wrap-up of last night's show, as well as their well-informed opinion of who should win vs. who will win. And of course, the DJs have to chime in, too.

But for this to be the 2nd story on the Today show?!? Seriously! Are there really no more globally important things to discuss than how tragic it was that Chris got sent packing? Genocide in Darfur, perhaps? Yanno, the UK Prime Minister's on the verge of leaving office. Hey, I hear that some mountain in the South Pacific......

Surely, reporting on these types of topics -- however skimmingly -- would do more to better my outlook on the world than knowing that Katie Couric's daughter was crushed by America's decision on who should replace Kelly Clarkson to fill the radio waves, at least 4 times per hour.

Are we almost done? I can't help but be aware of the fact that we're down to 3 people. Thank God. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to hearing more substantial news.

And so help me, if Britney Spears' latest baby gaffe is the 2nd story on Today, I may put a heavy book through the screen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew mused...

Kill your television young Pammy. It is the only way to true enlightenment.

Wed May 17, 07:10:00 pm  
Blogger DEJO mused...

Actually, after tonight they'll be down to only 2 contestants remaining. Who was voted out this evening? I have no idea. (I was busy watching my beloved Oilers beat the Sharks to make it to the Western Conference Final. Go Oilers Go!). But, don't worry, I'm sure Katie and her crew will let you know tomorrow morning... as the 2nd story! ;-)

Maybe it's time to find a new morning news source, Spamel. I believe The Today Show has been going downhill for a number of years now. And ABC and CBS are not offering any better alternatives.

Wed May 17, 09:06:00 pm  
Blogger Pat Angello mused...

Stop watching TV! It's BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Tue May 23, 10:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

With everything going on in the world, Americans in general are worried about some spaz on tv with hack talent trying to get a record deal. Lovely, just flipping lovely. I'd be more impressed if there was a secondary vote to choose the fate of the losers. Each week gets that more masochistic and evil. The first week could be being locked in a room with the "it's a small world" song piped in 24/7 for a week with the volume at eleven. Invent you own torture for each loser afterwards.

As for Britney Spears...Her initials are BS, go figure

Wed May 24, 10:14:00 pm  
Blogger Sus mused...

*LOL* noooo my dear friend you aren't alone in your disdain for that shit. I've given up even pretending to be the slightest bit interested when co-workers bring up such fluffy topic's. I just lool at 'em in disgust and say, "I don't watch that shit!"......and I sometimes wonder why I don't have many friends! :)

Thu Jun 01, 05:32:00 pm  
Blogger DodysWorld mused...

You should see the movie "American Dreamz" which really pokes fun at this (and that more people vote for a singer than for the President). ;-) Plus it's got HIgh Grant.

Mon Jun 05, 02:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home