Friday, January 13, 2006

Simply Beautiful.

Nothing funny or deep here. I just have to say -- out loud -- how ridiculously lucky I am to live here.

Today's another one of those days when the mid-morning sky is the color of a Tiffany's box, and the white snow that covers the tallest of the mountain peaks contrasts against that blue in a way that just makes me stop in my tracks.

Literally.

As I walk into my office (which I'm moving out of, next week), I get a glimpse of the mountains as I cross from the parking garaage to the sidewalk, then I can't wait until I get into the atrium, where I can take in the view until I have to turn in to the elevator lobby. I've been known to stop and look for just a few moments more, before I have to settle into my desk (which, on days like these, has a view of Pikes Peak to the south, but it's really not the same).

It's mornings like these where I'm lucky I don't rear-end someone on the way in to work, because (as most of my short drive is east-bound), I'm pretty much gazing at the Front Range in my rear-view mirror all the way in.

Unlike some Colorado residents, I'm not envisioning skiiing down those peaks, or conquering them with a climb. I'm just staring, because they're gorgeous.

I have my camera, and if I thought a picture could really do it justice, I'd post one, but it can't, so I won't.

Those of you who live here as well, already understand, I'm sure. But if I live here for the next 75 years, I'll never get tired of that view.

It's simply beautiful.

3 Comments:

Blogger DodysWorld mused...

I hear you. Everytime I think of moving to the big island of Hawaii, I come home and realize I could never leave Colorado. I love traveling - a lot - but I also love coming home.

Fri Jan 13, 03:25:00 pm  
Blogger Psycho Kitty mused...

Word, girl.

Mon Jan 16, 08:22:00 pm  
Blogger Sus mused...

"As I walk into my office (which I'm moving out of, next week),..."

Oh? Where you "moving" to?

The sunrises & sunsets are certainly one of the few things that draw me back to NM when I'm not living here. I love Colorado's buuuuutttt hate to say it but they just don't compare with NM's.

Thu Jan 19, 04:25:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home