Friday, January 06, 2006

IQ -Guilty as charged

It's been a little while since I sought insight into the depths of your souls, dear readers. So here I am, once again, to ask deep, probing thoughts inspired by deep, meaningful events.

Well.....

So, the Cute Blonde Boy and I were playing pub trivia last night, and this question came up:
"What are the first names of the 3 brothers in the pop group Hansen?"

I'm mortified to say that we both knew the answer.

I should clarify, for anyone who doesn't know: It's been a while since either of us were of the "pop group fan" age.

And yet, I don't mind hearing "Mmm-Bop" once in a while. As long as I'm coming clean, I'll admit that I really quite like several of Kelly Clarkson's songs. And ya know what? I've been known to sing along to a Britney Spears song in the car on occasion.

And that's all just the recent dirt.

If I dig back, there are plenty of other tunes that have darkened my MP3/CD player/cassette deck/turntable. I don't know that I need to expose my soul quite that much right now (I have to maintain some level of respectability, yanno), but I invite you to dish the dirt on yourself:

What guilty pleasure song(s) have you secretly enjoyed hearing, but not let on to anyone up until now?

Come on -- 'fess up.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Sus mused...

hmmm...Britney Spears? Ohhh dear friend, get yerself to the shrink!! *LOL*

For total dance grooving I highly recommend Kylie Minogue. Although ABBA totally outrules any! Then there's always "Disco Duck"....totally a guilty pleasure that one should be flogged for!

Sat Jan 07, 12:30:00 am  
Blogger DEJO mused...

The truly sad part of Thursday's trivia was the fact that we knew the first names of the 3 Hanson brothers but were unable to come up with the nickname of John Francis McIntyre on M*A*S*H (although it was on the tips of our tongues). I HATE having mental blocks like that!

Mon Jan 09, 02:13:00 am  
Blogger Psycho Kitty mused...

Hmm. That's sort of difficult.
Oh! I know! That awful "No Doubt" song..."Don't Speak".

Tue Jan 10, 07:52:00 pm  
Blogger DodysWorld mused...

I totally dig the PussyCat Dolls "Doncha." And always love anything by the Spice Girls. ;-)

Tue Jan 10, 07:54:00 pm  
Blogger DEJO mused...

Ace of Base - The Sign
Britney Spears - Soda Pop
Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
Gerardo - Rico Suave
Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
Los Del Rio - Macarena
Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5
M - Popmuzik
Michael Jackson - Black Or White
Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
Stryper - The Way
Trio - Da Da Da
Wham! - Everything She Wants

Hmm, was that oversharing?

Wed Jan 11, 12:49:00 am  
Blogger Pat Angello mused...

You'll never look at me the same again:

1) I know the stupid Hanson brother's names!
2) I dance to "Toxic" by Britney Spears!
3) I actually own a CD by Pink!

...and y'all thought my Devo obsession was freaky!

I should click on "anonymous" before I post this...

Thu Jan 12, 09:24:00 pm  
Blogger DEJO mused...

Pat, I'm almost in the same boat as you. What is it? A crazy boat?...

1) Hanson brothers' names. Already convicted of that charge.
2) Don't like Britney's vocal styling on Toxic but "Jungle Love" from The Time makes me dance.
3) I actually own TWO CDs by Pink

Thu Jan 12, 11:45:00 pm  
Blogger Pat Angello mused...

Dejo - Ow-ee-ow-ee-ow.

Fri Jan 13, 02:07:00 pm  
Blogger DEJO mused...

Hey, even iTunes has Guilty Pleasures!

Guilty Pleasures - iTunes Essentials

Tue Jan 31, 10:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home