Monday, February 06, 2006

Sick of it.

So, I'm taking a sick day today.

I was sortof planning to take one tomorrow anyway, just because I haven't in so very long (the last sick day I had was last year, for an interview, and before that, it was in 2001 when I broke my spleen.

So this morning, when I woke up an hour after I'd apparently turned off my alarm, I had an inkling that my body was trying to tell me something.

I went in to work as usual, had a cuppa joe and my oatmeal, and set off to going through e-mails. And my stomach set off to distract me as much as possible.

Not actually painful, I didn't feel like I needed to run to a toilet immediately, but I just didn't feel right. And I wasn't really concentrating fully on work. So a phone message was left for the boss, an e-mail was sent to the co-workers, and home I went.

I fully expected to feel better soon and be sneaking off to do an errand or two. But my stomach (perhaps this is karma for thinking about using a sick day illegitimately?) had other ideas.

The thing is, I've spent most of this day actually working after all (oh, the wonders of laptops). So, do I count it as a sick day or not? Probably will.

And now I don't feel quite so bad about the sick day I'm still planning to take tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sus mused...

How does one break their spleen? OUCH!

Mon Feb 06, 10:54:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous mused...

Do you feel better today? I hope you got to at least enjoy one of your sick days!

Tue Feb 07, 02:19:00 pm  
Blogger Andrew mused...

Aww honeybun - there's nothing worse than pulling a sickie and actually being sick. What a waste. Feel better, OK?

Tue Feb 07, 08:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home